MESSAGING TERMS OF SERVICE
- When you opt-in to the service, we will send you a message to confirm your signup. Text TEXTME to 72456 to receive FordDirect Alerts. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency will vary based on your use. Text "HELP" for help. Text "STOP" to cancel.
- You agree to receive recurring automated messages, including promotional and marketing text messages, from FordDirect, including text messages that may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system to the mobile number you provided. Consent to receive automated text messages is not a condition of any purchase or service.
- FordDirect reserves the right to alter the frequency of messages at any time, and to change the short code or phone number from which messages are sent.
- You can cancel this service at any time. Just text "STOP" to 72456. After you send the message "STOP" to us, we will send you a reply message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. If you want to join again, just sign up as you did the first time, and we will start sending messages to you again.
- If at any time you forget what keywords are supported, just text "HELP" to 72456. After you send the message "HELP" to us, we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe.
- Participating carriers: AT&T, Verizon Wireless, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Boost Mobile, MetroPCS, Virgin Mobile, Alaska Communications Systems (ACS), Appalachian Wireless (EKN), Bluegrass Cellular, Cellular One of East Central, IL (ECIT), Cellular One of Northeast Pennsylvania, Cricket, Coral Wireless (Mobi PCS), COX, Cross, Element Mobile (Flat Wireless), Epic Touch (Elkhart Telephone), GCI, Golden State, Hawkeye (Chat Mobility), Hawkeye (NW Missouri), Illinois Valley Cellular, Inland Cellular, iWireless (Iowa Wireless), Keystone Wireless (Immix Wireless/PC Man), Mosaic (Consolidated or CTC Telecom), Nex-Tech Wireless, NTelos, Panhandle Communications, Pioneer, Plateau (Texas RSA 3 Ltd), Revol, RINA, Simmetry (TMP Corporation), Thumb Cellular, Union Wireless, United Wireless, Viaero Wireless, and West Central (WCC or 5 Star Wireless).
- FordDirect, its service providers, and mobile carriers (e.g., T-Mobile) are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
- As always, message and data rates may apply for any messages sent to you from us and to us from you. If you have any questions about your text plan or data plan, it is best to contact your wireless provider. For all questions about the services provided by this short code, you can send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (or call 1-888-614-6244).
- DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL FORDDIRECT, ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS OR THIRD PARTY LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT AND/OR THE SERVICE PROVIDED HEREUNDER OR ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH FORDDIRECT, EVEN IF FORDDIRECT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY APPLIES WHETHER THE ALLEGED LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, RECKLESSNESS, PROFESSIONAL NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER BASIS OR LEGAL THEORY. WITHOUT LIMITATION OF THE FOREGOING, THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF FORDDIRECT, ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER RELATED TO USE OF THE SERVICE OR ANY CLAIMS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNTS, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO US DURING THE PAST TWELVE MONTHS IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO THE SERVICE. The Service is controlled and operated from facilities in the United States. We make no representations that the Service is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Service from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are entirely responsible for compliance with all applicable national, state, local or other laws, statutes, directives, rules, regulations, and all interpretations or orders of any government, administrative or regulatory authority or court, including but not limited to those related to export and import of software, technical information, or services.
- Governing Law; Venue; Arbitration
These terms, and your relationship with us under these terms, shall be governed by the laws of the State of Michigan without regard to its conflict or choice of laws provisions. Any dispute with us, or our affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents, or affiliates, arising under or in relation to these terms shall be resolved exclusively through non-appealable arbitration with one arbitrator in accordance with the rules of the American Arbitration Association in Michigan. If travelling to Michigan is a burden, you may fully participate in the arbitration by phone or via document submission allowable by the arbitrator. Each party will bear their own costs of arbitration unless the arbitrator directs that bearing such costs would be an undue burden and in that case, we will pay for your portion of the arbitration administrative costs (but not your attorneys’ fees).
- No Class Actions
You agree to resolve any disputes related to these terms as an individual and not as a class or join any class. You understand that, in return for agreement to this provision and the dispute provision above, we are able to offer the service as the terms designated, and that your assent is an indispensable consideration to these terms. You also acknowledge and understand that, with respect to any dispute with us, our officers, directors, employees, agents or affiliates, arising out of or relating to your use of the Service or this Agreement: YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO HAVE A TRIAL BY JURY; and YOU ARE GIVING UP YOUR RIGHT TO SERVE AS A REPRESENTATIVE, AS A PRIVATE ATTORNEY GENERAL, OR IN ANY OTHER REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY, OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A MEMBER OF A CLASS OF CLAIMANTS, IN ANY LAWSUIT INVOLVING ANY SUCH DISPUTE.
If any provision in these terms is invalid or unenforceable or contrary to applicable law, such provision shall be construed, limited, or altered, as necessary, to eliminate the invalidity or unenforceability or the conflict with applicable law, and all other provisions of these terms shall remain in effect.